4th of July celebrations are synonymous with Summer – the carefree feeling of backyard barbecues, vacations, and fireworks. Our coworking space members compiled a list of tried & true New York City spots for this year’s Red, White & Blue.
Picnic in the Park – Take to the park for the city version of a backyard barbecue.
Here are our favorite spots:
1. Bryant Park’s Summer Series brings the entertainment to you. Every day has a different theme, from afternoon Broadway performances to movies on the big screen under the stars.
2. Madison Square Park has plenty of shade and grassy knolls for a casual picnic. Stop at Eately to fill the picnic basket with Italian bites and walk across the street to sit back, relax, and enjoy the park. Or simply head straight to the south end of Mad Square to enjoy the fan favorite burgers and beer from Shake Shack.
3. Central Park is, of course, the quintessential NYC picnic experience. Overall, Workville members prefer Mineral Springs to Sheeps Meadow as the spot to bring their families; it is within close proximity to the subways, has sunset views, and fields for kids to play.
4. Hudson River Park is surprisingly large and perfectly breezy on hot summer days, with 550 acres of land extending along the Hudson River. We recommend enjoying this park as a picnic with a destination. Start with a picnic in Battery Park, followed by a bike ride north towards the Highline Park, and then walk the Highline to New York’s newest playground – Hudson Yards.
The main attraction: Macy’s Fireworks Show!
1. Time Out, known for publishing a bi-weekly city guide, opened Time Out Market in Brookyln’s Dumbo neighborhood; it’s curated Food Hall features 20 eateries from New York City’s top chefs. In addition to the food, there are three bars, a performance stage, and rooftop seating overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge. 4th of July tickets are on the pricier side; it’s an all-inclusive event with front row views of the fireworks for groups of 8 – 16 people.
2. Bring a blanket, get there early, and enjoy free front row views from Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Heights Esplanade, or the new Domino Park in Williamsburg.
3. Coney Island has its own fireworks show starting at 9:50 pm. It’s a 4th of July classic in its own right, featuring Nathan’s infamous Hot Dog eating contest and a beachfront boardwalk with shops, waterpark and amusement park rides.
Here is the most important tip from our coworking space members: Remember to check street closures and MTA service changes!
Last but not least; book a trip with a splash.
We do have one final tip for anyone flying away this 4th of July; try the brand-new TWA Hotel at JFK airport. It feels like you’ve stepped into the 1960’s glory days of TWA airlines, and a James Bond movie set. The rooftop Pool Bar is hosting a party with burgers, hot dogs, grilled corn, ice-cream sandwiches, and Aviation Gin cocktails. Pack a bathing suit in your carry-on and head to a pool party with views of the friendly skies.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Email email@example.com to learn more about Workville’s friendly, professional, productive coworking space for growth-stage companies.