HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEARS
FROM THE ENTIRE WORKVILLE TEAM!
Since our coworking space is centrally located in Midtown Manhattan – aka the heart of New Years Eve celebrations – we compiled a list and checked it twice for Midtown street closures, based on traffic patterns from years past. Planning ahead for NYE traffic is the name of the game.
THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL:
Beginning on Monday at 1:30 pm, these streets will close:
- 7th Avenue, from 41st to 59th streets
- Broadway, from 47th to 59th streets
- 43rd to 47th streets, from 6th to 8th avenues
‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE NEW YEARS:
As of 5 p.m. on Monday, 42nd street from 6th to 8th avenues will close.
After 6:30, be sure to check your Waze, Google Maps, or MTA app before heading crosstown, the city will stagger closing these streets:
- All cross-town streets from 37th to 41st, from 6th to 8th avenues
- All cross-town streets from 49th to 59th, from 6th to 8th avenues
- 48th street, from 5th to 9th avenues
NYE Ball Drop, Presidential visits, Parades, Protests, Street Fairs, it’s all in the day of the NYC life. Hope this quick traffic recap is helpful as you plan your NYE celebrations.
Wishing everyone a prosperous and happy 2019!
Cheers to more great that awaits,